Liverpool are away to Fulham this weekend and we could see another returning face or two to the squad, while elsewhere there’s news on injuries and rumours.
Ali back between the sticks
Caoimhen did a good job – but Liverpool could be back to full strength in the goalkeeping department at the weekend.
Sadly, the Reds might be missing another player or two instead, though, at left-back and in attack.
“We have to see, the diagnosis [after Midtjylland] is not finally done. Kostas we have to see, Diogo we have to see – we got a knock as well. That’s it from the game, I think.”
No returns yet for a trio who are edging closer, though we did get Keita and Trent back last weekend too.
Klopp and Ali could be named The Best
Of course, they already are for Liverpool fans!
But that’s just the name FIFA gave their reasonably new awards: ‘The Best’ deals out gongs to the finest men and women around the game, with two from Liverpool in the running this time around.
On the playing side, Alisson is in line for Best goalkeeper, against Jan Oblak of Atletico and Bayern’s Manuel Neuer.
Our Brazilian won this award a year ago, while Klopp took home the coach’s award too.
Time to look toward Fulham and how the Reds can take another three points!
- The boss says he’ll be using Oxlade-Chamberlain “as soon as possible” but doesn’t want to risk any re-injury
- VAR hasn’t made improvements to the game in the eyes of the boss and matters were better before it was brought in
- And we have all of Klopp’s pre-game press conference for you here
Quickfire LFC news
- The Reds have reduced their pressing this season by a considerable distance (TIA)
- Klopp reiterates that Gini has a “top character” and won’t let the Reds down while in the last year of his deal (Mirror)
- Taki Minamino broke a record for the Reds in midweek in his ‘new’ role (TIA)
- Ex-Reds right-back Ryan McLaughlin now has a boxing podcast and says he was scared to get a photo with James Bond’s Daniel Craig before a pre-season game in 2012! (Sky)
Around the Prem
- Man United now want Ben White in January because their other £80m defender has been revealed to be as impressive as your average garden gnome (Mirror)
- PSG want Dele Alli on loan from Spurs in January…can’t get in the Europa League side, so the Champions League finalists want him?! (Mail)
- And a whole load of Premier League sides want Leon Bailey from Bayer Leverkusen, who they probably could have had about £20m cheaper in summer when he wasn’t in the team… (Mail)
Stupid suggestion of the day
While we’re sure it makes an enormous difference to doing such things as “clearing the ball”, “winning a header” and “stopping a cross” – all which led to goals in midweek – are very, very different whether there are two or three players ahead of you and one or three up front…Ole’s great. Keep him.
Tweet of the day
What we’re reading
Worth watching tonight
Leeds v Hammers at 8! On Sky.