Three centre-backs from Serie A?
Silly season has officially begun when the same club are linked with two players from the same other club…in the same position…via the same outlet. Plus one of their biggest rivals.
Well, that’s according to reports from one Italian outlet…but clearly the journalistic lines of communication are not great there, because the same source also says it’s Inter’s Stefan de Vrij we actually want.
Just to add to the fun and games, another Italian journalist told a radio station that Liverpool are in “pole” position for Kalidou Koulibaly – yep, that’s still a thing.
Who is your money on arriving?!
Jota has small chance of returning for Palace
Maybe he’s not out for the season after all.
After the swelling reduced, a second scan “looked better” and he has a “tiny, tiny little chance” to play our final game of the season, in front of 10,000 fans at Anfield.
As we may well need to win that game to wrap up the top-four – let’s see how midweek goes first before looking too far ahead – we could definitely do with having another attacking option.
Don’t want to have to rely on Alisson notching another one, after all.
Some much-appreciated words on and from our major stars at the club. We love ’em.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold has come on not just as a creative talent but as a leader among the defensive ranks, says the boss
- And Mo Salah also comes in for praise, with Jurgen noting his commitment to the cause of the club is absolute and complete
- Andy Robbo, meanwhile, has spoken about the young centre-back pair playing next to him – and why he owes Big Nat a beer
Quickfire LFC news
- The Reds could finally play Taiwo Awoniyi next season and he might be given a shot in pre-season – though clubs want to buy him, too
- Our youngsters are in the FA Youth Cup final again and the date has been set for the game at Villa Park
- Italian gossip columns have been busy – they reckon Gini Wijnaldum to Roma is a strong possibility this summer
- And a quite bizarre (actually, quite desperate) report in the Spanish media says Barcelona explored the option of taking Jurgen Klopp this summer, but believed it too expensive. Yeah, that’s the only reason you can’t have him.
Around the Prem
- Tuesday night sees Chelsea face Leicester – we explore what the best outcome is for the Reds in the top-four chase
- Former boss Roy Hodgson will take charge of Crystal Palace for the final time at the weekend…against the Reds, obviously
- Spurs are in a massive tizz and total frenzy after every media outlet reported Harry Kane has told them he wants to leave this summer
- Man United and Everton are battling it out to sign Kieran Trippier from almost-title-winners Atletico Madrid. What a weird transfer all round, wherever he goes
Great club gesture of the day
You may remember several years back, QPR academy starlet Kiyan Prince was stabbed to death after trying to break up a fight. On the 15th anniversary of his tragic killing, the club have given him a squad number, “signed” him on Fifa 21 and made him the world’s first virtual footballer as part of their ongoing commitment to his legacy and foundation.
Video of the day
Worth watching tonight
Chelsea vs Leicester, of course!