Before the German arrived at Anfield, Champions League football had been a feature on the schedule just once in seven seasons.
Fortunes have since changed as Liverpool have been in the final in three of the last five editions, with Jordan Henderson getting his hands on Ol’ Big Ears in 2018/19.
To reach the final, though, you must first navigate your group and its six head-to-head encounters, something that was taken in the Reds’ stride last season despite the ‘group of death’ tag.
Since 2017/18, Liverpool has played 14 different teams in five different group stages and your task is to name them all. We’ve given you the country the club is located to help you out.
You only have 2 minutes…
Want more quizzes? Try these!
- How fast can you name Liverpool’s top 20 appearance-makers?
- Name Klopp’s 30 most-used players at Liverpool!
- Can you name all 8 of Jurgen Klopp’s 1-time Liverpool captains?
- Can you name the missing players from these famous Liverpool XIs?
- 5 minutes to name Liverpool’s 10 longest-serving players!
- How quick can you name Liverpool FC’s kit sponsors and who made them?