Journalist doubles down on interest in Caicedo
Every day the story seems to change, and though it is still maintained that Liverpool do not expect to bring in a new midfielder this month, the links won’t go away.
If one thing is certain, though, it is that Brighton standout Caicedo appears to be positioning himself for a move away from the AMEX, either in January or the summer.
As detailed by Sky Sports reporter Dharmesh Sheth, Liverpool “remain interested” in the 21-year-old along with Chelsea, with the two clubs also linked with both Jude Bellingham and Enzo Fernandez.
Liverpool & Chelsea remain interested in Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo. Interesting development – it's understood he will join a new agency this month, thought to be Futbol Division. Same one that looks after his Ecuador team-mate Piero Hincapie. #LFC #CFC #BHAFC #Caicedo https://t.co/XiddU34hLT
— Dharmesh Sheth (@skysports_sheth) January 6, 2023
Interestingly, Sheth notes that Caicedo is poised to change agencies this month, joining Futbol Division, whose only other high-profile client is Ecuador team-mate Piero Hincapie.
Typically a player will switch representation if they are looking to strengthen their hand either in negotiations for a new contract or in talks over a move elsewhere.
Whether that results in a deal with Liverpool remains to be seen, but the odds may have just increased.
Gakpo to debut but “big blow” for Van Dijk
- Cody Gakpo will be in the squad vs. Wolves with Klopp hailing him as “pretty natural in a lot of things”
- But Virgil van Dijk is set to be sidelined for “more than a month” with the hamstring injury picked up on Monday
- Roberto Firmino is also still unavailable due to a calf injury despite previously claiming he would return vs. Brentford
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Luke Chambers was among the six youngsters called up to first-team training ahead of Wolves‘ visit (TIA)
- Liverpool could pursue a deal for Hannover goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler, who would fill a homegrown slot in the squad (BILD)
- Leighton Clarkson may be set for a loan recall with Aberdeen signing two new midfielders (footballscotland)
- Liverpool are said to be “watching” Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Kouadio Kone (CaughtOffside)
Around the Premier League and beyond
- Tributes have poured in for former Sampdoria, Juventus and Chelsea striker Gianluca Vialli, who has passed away at the age of 58 (BBC Sport)
Video of the day & match of the night
Klopp’s words on the late, great Vialli, who “will be remembered in the best possible way.”