There have been plenty of news and rumours flying around about Liverpool today. We’ve rounded everything up for you.
Speculative £40 million reports
We’re still some time away from the January transfer window opening but already rumour season has started.
Despite being just 17 years old, he is reportedly valued at between £40 million and £50m by Leeds – a price the reporter, Matt Hughes, says Liverpool could pay.
Contrary to the article, This Is Anfield currently understands there is no substance to the rumour.
Gray is promising central midfielder who has also started games in defensive midfield before. He is the son of Andy Gray (not the ex-Everton striker) and grandson of great nephew of the Leeds legend, Eddie Gray.
3 things today
- Luis Diaz‘s return to Colombia has been confirmed after he was called up for international duty the day after his father was freed by hostage-takers
- LASK manager Thomas Sageder has said, perhaps with tongue in cheek, he is “starting to dislike” Jurgen Klopp – read why here
- Luton manager Rob Edwards has said he “wants to apologise as well” for tragedy chants sung by his team’s supporters against Liverpool – the club put out a dismally weak statement earlier this week
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Jarell Quansah, Harvey Elliott and Tyler Morton have all been called up for England U21s – deservedly so
- Liverpool’s duo of young left-backs, Luke Chambers and Calum Scanlon will feature too, for the under-19s and under-18s respectively
- Alexis Mac Allister told LFC TV that he was “baffled” by the decision to disallow Quansah’s equaliser vs. Toulouse – full quotes here
Latest chat from elsewhere
- Ange Postecoglou has confirmed that Tottenham‘s James Maddison is out until January with an ankle injury
- Brighton striker Evan Ferguson has signed a new long-term contract lasting until 2029
- Jim Ratcliffe’s deal to become a 25 percent stakeholder in Man United is expected to be confirmed as early as next week (BBC Sport)
Video of the day and match of the night
We’ve had the drone out and got some footage of the new Anfield Road Stand. All the seats have now been fitted in the upper tier – looks great eh!.
Match of the night is Blackburn vs. Preston on Sky Sports Football.
The Championship game kicks off at 8pm (GMT) and could potentially provide a chance to watch Liverpool loanee Calvin Ramsay.
He played his first game for Preston on Tuesday, against Accrington Stanley in the Lancashire Senior Cup.