Liverpool are gearing up for a busy end to pre-season both on and off the pitch, with sales and signings expected at Anfield this month.
Jonathan David links renewed
We were keen a year ago, but Canadian forward Jonathan David swapped Belgium for France and moved to Lille instead.
It cannot be claimed it was the wrong move; he got to grips with the new league over time and finished the campaign strongly – and as a title-winner, too.
But now rumours suggest they have to sell this summer and he’s a candidate to depart, with Liverpool keen to finally land their man.
He’s still “high on the list” apparently, and might make a very good addition if he’s going for anywhere near the €30m Lille forked out 12 months ago.
Reds rumours of the day
- Kostas Tsimikas has made a good start to our summer games, but had a poor debut campaign. Other teams such as Napoli have reportedly approached the Reds looking for a deal this summer – but Jurgen Klopp has personally refused all offers and wants him to stay
- Nicolo Barella was briefly linked with the Reds, but Italian media report that the news was largely planted by the midfield’s agent, looking for a better deal
- Arnaut Danjuma wins the award for today’s most random rumour, with Marca (for some reason) suggesting we want to buy the Bournemouth winger and will have to pay €25m to do so. Ok then!
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Joe Gomez says coming back from this latest knee injury was his “most challenging” one so far but is looking forward to a fresh start
- And the club are progressing plans for a new permanent training facility for LFC Women, where it is hoped the academy and first team can grow in future
Latest Liverpool FC pre-season updates
Click the picture link above for all the latest on pre-season!
Latest transfer chat elsewhere
- James Maddison will be asked to step halfway down the league and join Arsenal on a deal worth £60m and a player
- Boubacar Kamara is on Newcastle‘s wish list and they hope to land him for £10m. Prepare for a team with actual ambition to sign him for £12m!
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Turns out that tiny Euro 2020 car is doubling up at the Olympics! It’s the Pedri of the vehicle world!
— Vithushan Ehantharajah (@Vitu_E) August 3, 2021
Malmo vs Rangers at 6 and PSV vs Midtjylland at 7. Time to get an early look at who we might face in the Champions League!