Since the January transfer window was brought in in 2003, Liverpool have made 23 first-team signings. Can you name the 15 most expensive?
Before the decision to restrict signings to transfer windows from the 2002/03 campaign, clubs across England were free to conduct business at any time.
But over the past 20 years, there have been two defined points in a season for transfers to be made, with the mid-season window spanning throughout January.
In that time, there have been a number of players brought through the Shankly Gates during the winter window, with Cody Gakpo becoming the latest after a deal was struck at the end of 2022.
Gakpo is the 23rd player brought in as an immediate first-team addition – and will become the 28th January signing to feature for the senior side when he makes his debut.
The Dutchman also features among the 15 most expensive signings Liverpool have made in the January transfer window.
Can you remember the rest?
NB. Javier Mascherano does not count as he was initially signed from West Ham as a mid-season loanee.
You have 4 minutes to name them all – let us know how you get on!
Finished that? Try these!
- Name Liverpool’s 10 Dutch players so far
- 30 Liverpool players to score a Premier League goal on Boxing Day
- Liverpool’s last 15 assistant managers since 1992?
- Can you name the 33 players used by Roy Hodgson at Liverpool?
- Try our Liverpool last name quizzes – starting with the letter ‘A’!
- Name the 17 Liverpool players to score an away goal in 2022