Liverpool won’t expect to do too much business before the transfer window shuts – unless other teams come in first. For now though it’s all eyes on the opening weekend of the season.
Doku fee set if Reds want him
The French club want €45m for him, that’s around £38m, which altho attainable for the Reds would still be a hefty outlay for a younger player yet to really put a consistent campaign together.
We have him “in our sights” say Voetbal24, and the links are certainly long-standing ones given our interest in signing Doku a year ago.
A separate line elsewhere also says Ligue 1 midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni is a contender for the Reds, with Juve also interested.
Reds rumours of the day
- Neco Williams will be staying at Anfield this summer after a change of heart, or possibly no bids, but he’s likely to remain a Red in either case
- Renato Sanches rumours keep on circulating and Spanish rumours say we are the “most likely” destination for him, as Barcelona cannot raise the finances to sign the Lille man
- Jurgen Klopp has also taken the time to explain why the Reds have been quiet this summer – and what must happen for more signings to go through
Latest Liverpool FC news
- LFC skippers Jordan Henderson and Niamh Fahey have explained why the Reds and the rest of the league will continue to take the knee in the new season
- Curtis Jones will miss the first weekend of the campaign after sustaining a concussion against Osasuna on Monday night
- And an eye-opening statistic reveals the importance behind a fast start once 21/22 is underway – and why our league position after 10 games might prove telling in May
Latest transfer chat elsewhere
- Phil Foden is in line for a new Man City contract after John Stones renewed this week, and Ederson could follow the English duo
- Denis Zakaria was on the Reds’ wishlist for a while but he’s now looking at a move to Everton, Arsenal or Spurs
- Jannik Vestergaard is the man Leicester will turn to to fill in for injured Wes Fofana – clearly not because they both have similar blinding pace!
Tweet of the day and match of the night
When airing your views is a constant mistake…
Trevor Sinclair just said Liverpool won't get top 4 because Virgil can't play every game….he missed a whole season and we finished 3rd
— CampeonesLFC (@CampeonesLfc) August 10, 2021