Liverpool have just three days left before we aim for No7! What a special season that would be. The Reds’ latest team news, transfer rumours and contract details are below.
Salah is staying! And Mane…?!
Then it gets better, to a point: Mo himself says he’s “staying next season for sure”, which is excellent news of course, while he also again noted to reporters that he didn’t want to be selfish in a key time for the team and talk about contracts and his future.
However, we’ll note there’s a big difference between “staying” and “signing”, and one thing we do not want is to lose this elite performer on a free transfer, of course.
And finally, there’s Sadio: a bit of a joker at times, a bit of a quiet character in interviews if it doesn’t suit him to answer. And here, he hasn’t at all really – saying that he’d answer the question about his future only after the Champions League final.
Anything we should read into that, or just the focus of key stars on the biggest game of the year?
Ahead of Paris
- Jordan Henderson is not out for revenge, not out to get one over Real Madrid, not out for anything at all of the sort. He’s just out to win, and tapdance, and lift yet another piece of silverware for the Reds
- Jurgen Klopp detailed how the club have spoken to all players on their futures and says LFC deserve the final at the end of a magnificent season
- Thiago Alcantara is quickly returning to fitness and has a “good chance” of being involved in the final in Paris, less than a week after coming off against Wolves
Latest Liverpool FC news
- The Reds are again working with the set-piece experts neuro11 ahead of the final against Real Madrid, after massive success in both cup finals so far from the spot
- Jurgen Klopp has been handed two manager of the year awards for his exceptional campaign – with Fergie admitting it was “agony” to hand over one!
- And a little transfer news to finish with, as latest reports in France say Tchouameni has definitely not decided on Real Madrid yet for his summer move, while Italian media link us with Matthijs de Ligt of Juventus. Oh and look, he’s set for contract talks this week! Definitely, 100% a coincidence!
Latest Premier League chat
- Victor Osimhen is Arsenal‘s new top target for the summer, though they’ll keep pushing for Gabriel Jesus as well. Odds on one of the most exciting young forwards not called Haaland or Mbappe going to the Gunners? Yeah, we don’t think so either
- Luis Suarez might be heading to MLS after leaving Atletico Madrid and while we can appreciate the lure of going to Miami, we think it’s a bit mean of him to pick somewhere he could literally retire three defenders a week all season
- Chelsea have a shortlist of eight defenders for this summer, with Kounde and Gvardiol topping the list. Not sure if that’s how many they need to replace all the free transfer departures or just how many new souls they have to get Thomas Tuchel to feast on every year
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Oh god, remember Chris Wilder winning it?!
it’s crazy that no one bar liverpool fans cared that Chris Wilder won the award over Klopp the year we won the league by like 20 points but there’s a outrage when Klopp wins it for only finishing 1 point behind Pep who also let a 14 point lead disappear
— J7 (@lfcJ7_) May 24, 2022
Tonight’s game is the Europa Conference Rumbelows Data Systems Milk Uefa Cup final! It should be an epic, as Jose Mourinho Jose Mourinhos his way to a 2-1 triumph to rank among the greatest successes of all managers of all times.