Gomez “will start” at Old Trafford
The injury list is one we all wish we could be blissfully unaware of. Unfortunately, we can’t be.
Unfortunately, there were no other positive updates from the boss – but no news is good news, right?
3 things today: Cheeky dig, questionable reponse
- Naby Keita‘s exit rumours have “absolutely nothing” to them, Klopp insisted. His No. 8 has been “in training, looks really good” and could have a big role to play at United
- Klopp took a cheeky dig at Gabby Agbonlahor for his over-the-top criticism, saying he doesn’t remember him “as a mentality monster on the pitch.” Burn! There was a response, but, perhaps, Gabby ought to have thought better of it!
- Casemiro is expected to sign with Man United in the coming days, their midfield dart finally leads to an arrival, but even if the deal is completed before Monday, he cannot feature against Liverpool
Latest Liverpool FC news
- The Reds are “huge admirers” of Matheus Nunes, who only just signed with Wolves, but the Telegraph suggests he may be sold within a year – for a far bigger fee than £38 million
- Luis Suarez has shared the advice he offered Darwin Nunez following his red card at Crystal Palace, even admitting he was “an idiot who made mistakes”
- Academy director Alex Inglethorpe has signed a new long-term contract at Liverpool – his work has been transformative and his signature means we will see more of it!
Latest Transfer Talk
- Wouldn’t this be a great domino effect? Newcastle‘s Bruno Guimaraes has been linked with Real Madrid amid Casemiro’s move to Man United. Eddie Howe says there’s “no way” it would happen, but it’d be a little funny if it did…
- Leicester are hoping to tie down James Maddison with a new contract with negotiations now underway, as per the Telegraph, in the aftermath of two rejected bids from Newcastle
- Frank Lampard could not say for certain that Anthony Gordon will stay at Everton this summer amid Chelsea‘s interest
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Virgil van Dijk joined Liverpool and won every single major trophy in 4 years without losing a single League game at Anfield.
— Crazy Football Facts (@_footballfax) August 18, 2022