Chelsea trip called off
A state funeral will held in London on September 19 following the Queen’s passing last week, with the date landing a day before Liverpool are due to visit Stamford Bridge.
It is a shambolic situation that could at least have been avoided during the weekend just gone, with the fixture list able to have taken place with pre-match tributes to the Queen instead.
That will be the case when Liverpool host Ajax on Tuesday, as Klopp confirmed in his pre-match press conference.
3 things today: ANOTHER injury problem
- Andy Robertson has become the latest Liverpool player to pick up an injury after sustaining a knee problem in the defeat at Napoli last week.
- Klopp has also provided a fitness update on the likes of Curtis Jones, Fabio Carvalho, Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Keita was named in Guinea’s squad for their September internationals, but Klopp says he doesn’t expect him to go and has explained his omission from Liverpool’s Champions League squad.
Latest Liverpool FC news
- A 24-man Liverpool squad trained ahead of Tuesday’s clash with Ajax, and here we pick out the best photos from the session.
- Klopp has today explained how he expects Liverpool to react to their Napoli nightmare last week. Here are five key things to note from his pre-match press conference.
- “A horror show,” was how the Reds’ boss described his side’s trip to Naples, labelling it “the worst match” he’s overseen since his appointment in 2015.
Latest Premier League chat
- Newcastle have completed the signing of former Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius, who left the Reds earlier this summer. He joins as cover for first-choice goalkeeper Nick Pope.
- Aside from the Premier League postponements, Arsenal‘s Europa League clash with PSV on Thursday has also been cancelled because of “severe limitations on police resources” following the death of the Queen.
- He’s back. Wolves have today confirmed the signing of ex-Chelsea striker Diego Costa on a free transfer. One to watch!
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Some insight into the everyday goings on at LFC!
Interesting glimpse into the typical #LFC schedule from the AXA Training Centre.
Usual training time is midday, 4pm for night games. Players required to arrive at least an hour early, more often 90 minutes. pic.twitter.com/kHHeISwtsz
— Jack Lusby (@LusbyJack) September 12, 2022
Slim pickings tonight, unless you fancy some Empoli vs. Roma in Serie A.
Tuesday will be the last time we’ll be able to watch the Reds this month, and don’t forget the under-19’s Youth League clash at 4pm.