Welcome to Euro 2020 day – and our new-look round-up for summer. We’ll be bringing you the same Reds stories as ever, but with a post-season focus on transfers and international exploits!
Talks held with ‘Gladbach star
Liverpool have been linked with a host of international-standard midfielders already this summer, with the theory being we’ll replace Gini Wijnaldum with a potential name of equal repute or potential.
One of the regular names in the frame has been Borussia Monchengladbach’s Florian Neuhaus and now it appears matters have escalated.
Sport1 reporter Florian Plettenberg has claimed the Reds have not yet made a bid, but it is “confirmed” Jurgen Klopp wants him for next season and there have “already been talks” between the parties.
Contrary to previous reports on the Germany international, there is no release clause in his deal with BMG, Plettenberg says, and the fee will be upwards of €40m.
Reds rumours of the day
- Lorenzo Pellegrini is on the wanted list and the Reds are fighting Barcelona and Atletico Madrid for the Roma man’s signature, report Spanish media.
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is a newer name, and the claim feels less probable – though it comes as a result of comments from the Lazio man’s agent to an Italian media outlet. Legs to the report, or the start of contract negotiations?
- Kostas Tsimikas has hardly got going in a Red shirt and rumours say his time might already be up. Fenerbahce want him on loan for next term, according to Turkish reports, and with a long time left on his contract the claim is that we’ll let him go to ensure more game time and a return to form.
Latest Liverpool news
- Thicker lines are apparently going to save us all the pain and misery caused by VAR this season, in one change coming up for 2021/22
- Mo Salah has won the PFA Fans’ Player of the Year award after his goalscoring exploits across the campaign
- Sadio Mane has shown his humble nature once more by meeting the president of Senegal over a hospital project he is overseeing
- New Leipzig signing Josko Gvardiol is already plotting his future along a familiar path: he wants to play for Liverpool in future!
Euro 2020 latest
Click the link above for all Euro 2020 news regarding the Reds!
- Andy Robertson has shown his captaincy material with Scotland by arranging a gift pack for the squad which “brings them closer together”
- Kevin de Bruyne is out of Belgium’s opening game as he struggles to return from a fractured eye socket sustained in the Champions League final
- Struggling with your fantasy football team for the summer? Here are your tips and under the radar picks to shine with
- And here’s how to watch all the action at Euro 2020 and the Copa America this summer
- Aaron Ramsdale impressed Spurs so much they want to sign him this summer, which perhaps makes you fear for their goalkeeper scout’s job safety
- Paul Pogba is up to his old tricks by suggesting he’s open-minded about a move to PSG this summer. Be nice for him to watch Gini from the bench, wouldn’t it?
- Kingsley Coman is the winger Man United have decided they’ll spectacularly fail to land after they embarassingly pull out of a deal for Jadon Sancho in a few weeks
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Florian Neuhaus (green) vs Georginio Wijnaldum – last 3 seasons (Understat). pic.twitter.com/g3cWd55mSW
— James Nalton (@JDNalton) June 11, 2021
Tonight’s opening fixture sees Turkey face Italy in Group A at 8pm on BBC One!