Liverpool are back in game mode and, hopefully, with near enough a full squad of capable adult footballers included for it. Let’s hammer Arsenal, yeah?!
Salah demands reported lower and Jurgen isn’t worried
Mohamed Salah is not requesting the £400k-a-week reported in some places over the past few months, according to the latest updates – it’s much closer to £300k-a-week, says the latest claim.
While that would still be a raise of around 50 per cent for our No11, it’s certainly more in line with what his performances and goals would seem to deserve over the past couple of years. Liverpool’s decision, of course, is over whether it will be worth it for the next few years, not the last few.
Jurgen Klopp isn’t too concerned though, saying “these things take time” and that he’s “very positive” about the scenario after “good conversations”. We all want this to get wrapped up, but you know what?
Jurgen’s not worried, so for now, nor do we have to be.
- Trent and Alisson are back available for the Reds ahead of our semi-final first leg, but Thiago still isn’t back and there’s no sign of Origi either
- Jurgen Klopp‘s press conference was an intriguing one – we’ve picked out five key points from it for you including a Harvey Elliott update and playing at Anfield
- Mikel Arteta claims he doesn’t know how many of his players he’ll have available for the first leg, while the Reds have been warned to expect a better Arsenal team than usual
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Jurgen Klopp has hinted at Kaide Gordon being ready to take the next step and says his talent ensures he’s always on the coaches’ minds
- On-loan forward Paul Glatzel netted his fifth goal of the season for Tranmere last night, while a loanee goalkeeper saved a penalty on his debut
- And The Real Truth Legacy Project aims to see Hillsborough added to the national curriculum, including the subsequent cover-up
Latest Premier League chat
- Marcus Rashford has been in such good form Man United will offer him a new deal, much like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s contract extension earlier this term
- Eddie Nketiah is off to be Crystal Palace backup instead for two years or so, with Arsenal finally accepting a few months before his contract is up that he simply doesn’t want to play Northampton and Swindon in the cup every year until he’s 28
- Jose Mourinho is going to somehow convince Tanguy Ndombele that not playing him at Spurs was just a joke and he promises not to do it all over again now at Roma if he moves
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Just going to leave this here.
Paul Scholes labels Manchester United a ‘poisonous mess’ https://t.co/Pkqd4ZNClm
— Indy Football (@IndyFootball) January 12, 2022
Tonight you’ve got West ‘Am vs Norwich (7:45pm) or Barcelona vs Real Madrid (7pm). Obviously the latter sounds better but it’s a Supercopa semi-final, and some people are somewhat against that kind of non-traditional expansion…