The Premier League is celebrating its 30th anniversary this season and we want to see if you can name Liverpool’s first matchday squad in the competition from 1992.
The inception of the Premier League flipped English football on its head in 1992.
In 30 years, the league has seen 22 teams become 20, with Liverpool just one of six clubs to be mainstays in the topflight and only one of seven to have lifted the title since the name change.
Teddy Sheringham’s goal proved to be the winner for Brian Clough’s side, inflicting defeat on a Reds outfit with a plethora of league champions.
There were only three substitutes named in a squad of 14. Good luck!
You have 4 minutes…GO
Want more quizzes? Try these!
- The 9 Liverpool players sent off under Jurgen Klopp?
- Can you identify these hidden Reds?
- Name Liverpool’s top goalscorer in every Premier League season
- Can you name the missing players from these famous Liverpool XIs?
- How fast can you name Liverpool’s top 20 appearance-makers?
- Beat the clock and name Liverpool’s 10 longest-serving players!