Szoboszlai reports disputed
Liverpool’s No. 8 was left out of the trip to Arsenal due to a reoccurrence of his hamstring injury that forced him to miss four games earlier this year.
It was an understandable take considering his previous absence stretched close to a month, but that report has since been disputed by the likes of journalist Bence Bocsak and the Echo’s Ian Doyle, who stated Liverpool “have yet to put any timescale on it.”
Nevertheless, Szoboszlai remains, at the very least, sidelined for the short-term and we will likely here more as the week progresses.
3 things today: Klopp’s fury and ref vs. Burnley
The After Academy Phase 2. I’m buzzing to announce that the jobs and opportunities platform is now live and available to all past and present academy players. The hard work continues, visit the PFA website to check out the jobs now live. https://t.co/8JmMSvNiik pic.twitter.com/s2YwiVHYVW
— Trent Alexander-Arnold (@TrentAA) February 6, 2024
- New footage from the Emirates has shown Klopp tearing into Ryan Gravenberch for his role in the lead up to Arsenal‘s opening goal – WATCH HERE
- A referee without a history of controversy is rare these days, but we have just that as the appointment for Liverpool vs. Burnley sees an official take charge of his first Reds league match
- Trent Alexander-Arnold has officially launched his project that will support released academy players – a brilliant initiative that will help thousands
Latest Liverpool FC news
- The Reds are reported to have ‘concrete interest’ in PSV Eindhoven winger Johan Bakayoko – who is expected to move in the summer for a fee above £34m (Voetbalkrant)
- Mohamed Salah was doing recovery work late into the night on Monday in his bid to return to action against Burnley – a model professional, but will the Reds take any risks?
- Liverpool vs. Man City in March was confirmed for the unusual time of 3.45pm – here’s why we have this odd kickoff at Anfield
Something we’re reading
“It was probably the biggest news story of the year.”
Szoboszlai’s signing came initially as a shock and then with excitement, but the reaction on Merseyside was nothing compared to the fanfare he received in his native Hungary.
We spoke to journalist Bence Bocsak to get the lowdown on the impact his move to Liverpool has had.
Win Carabao Cup final tickets!
Video of the day and match of the night
Xabi Alonso is currently the favourite to replace Klopp as Liverpool manager, but what exactly does he have to offer?
Well, This Is Anfield got a detailed insight into the ex-Red’s credentials from Bundesliga commentator Dan O’Hagan – you can watch below or on our YouTube channel.
The Reds will face the winner of that contest at Anfield on February 28.