Reaction to Liverpool’s thumping win over Palace tops today’s headlines, but there’s also a growing rumour to look at and why Klopp will be keenly tuning in to Chelsea vs City.
Adama Traore has offers from Reds and beyond
It’s not a new link exactly, but this one’s rather more of a suggestion that matters are beyond mere interest.
He has finally found control and consistency in the final third, leading him to rake up nine assists and four goals.
It would be a big-money deal if it goes ahead, and Wolves boss Nuno has already acknowledged he can’t guarantee if Adama will remain at Molineux this summer.
Klopp will watch Chelsea-City – but not to celebrate
You can now start to imagine it, Reds. By the time you go to sleep tonight, Liverpool could be Premier League champions.
And we won’t be watching the game alone, as Jurgen Klopp will also be tuning in—but the boss will be doing so for rather different reasons.
“I watch the game not to prepare a celebration but we play City a week later and also Chelsea,” he said.
“This game is a really important game to watch for plenty of reasons. Whatever happens… we have no influence on it so I have no interest. [The title] will happen when it happens.”
No worries, Jurgen—if Pulisic knocks in a 90th-minute equaliser, we’ll do the cheering for you!
Oh, and the match against City he’s referring to? That will be played at The Etihad in the end.
Clyne heads up departure list
No surprises, but Nathaniel Clyne is indeed set to leave on 30 June.
The Reds have confirmed the list of departures this summer, with Clyne the senior face but a host of youngsters also included.
Isaac Christie-Davies is the other to leave who has played a senior game.
Everything’s positive after Palace
How good was that performance at Anfield last night?! The Reds were formidable, and the day’s news reflects that.
- Here are the player ratings from the national media after the drubbing of Hodgson’s boys
- We’ve picked out five key numbers from the game, including the Reds breaking a record which has never been managed since stats started to be collected
- And the players themselves reacted to a fantastic win which puts the title in touching distance
Quickfire LFC news
- The Reds have paid out £30m to agents, despite not signing anybody of note (TIA)
- Emile Heskey is backing the Reds to go and re-sign Coutinho (Goal)
- Trent says the Reds put on a world-class display against Palace last night (LFC)
- And 20-year-old midfielder Liam Coyle has signed a new pro deal with the Reds (LFC)
Around the Prem
- Juve want to sign Aubameyang this summer. How ‘Arsenal‘ would it be if they took Higuain in exchange?! (Le10Foot)
- Tanguy Ndombele has told Jose Mourinho he never wants to play for him again, so that record signing and managerial appointment went well, didn’t it? (ESPN)
- Sean Dyche is annoyed at Burnley not renewing players’ deals and not having any money to spend and could leave at the end of the season. If so, we reckon Hodgeson best pick out a nice long cruise to go on and prepare his retirement (Mail)
- And West Ham have lost one of their most promising youngsters in years as Jeremy Ngakia leaves on a free. Great work from the club who have spent nearly £350m in the last three years and are still on the verge of going down (BBC)
Stupid rumour of the day
No he doesn’t. No they didn’t.
Tweet of the day
Rest in peace, Paul. Thank you for everything you did for the Reds ?? pic.twitter.com/FIsEMP0bWx
— Liverpool FC (at ?) (@LFC) June 25, 2020
What we’re reading
Want to know more about Ferran Torres, who we’ve been linked with? This tactical profile of him on The Coaches’ Voice is a good place to start.
Kevin de Bruyne is pretty good. But he wasn’t at Swindon, apparently. Dominic Fifield goes into depth on the Athletic.