Liverpool are preparing for a Sunday afternoon showdown with Leeds United, the backdrop of which remains a ridiculous international break with players forced to sit out the match.
Jurgen Klopp takes aim at FIFA again
The boss has never been one to mince his words, nor hide his utter disdain for the lack of attention to players’ welfare shown by the game’s governing bodies.
Klopp has reiterated his stance that Fifa simply “don’t care” about the players and insisted finances remain the only factor Fifa take into account.
His press conference also took aim at the absolute nonsense around the Brazilian players not being allowed to feature (so far!) this weekend and how footballers are the ones being punished.
Here we listed the six key points Klopp discussed, often in passionate terms.
End of the internationals
- Trent Alexander-Arnold is the best right-back in the world, so what’s the point of making him a midfielder, Klopp asked
- Jurgen Klopp again managed to hit the nail on the head when it comes to outsiders deciding when players must play…and apparently when they must not
- Fabinho meanwhile has discussed being at the frustrating centre of the club vs country argument, while he still doesn’t know if he can play at the weekend
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Ki-Jana Hoever has discussed his time at Anfield and why he was right to join the Reds…and right to leave for Wolves
- Potential line-ups for this weekend? We’ve got two of them – one notably missing some Brazilians, for whenever people get their act together and decide on which rules will be obeyed and not
Latest Premier League chat
- Youssef En-Nesyri is Arsenal‘s top target to replace Aubameyang, but he has taken one look at the bottom-of-the-table Gunners and run away laughing even with January months away
- Youri Tielemans is rumoured to be on Barcelona’s wishlist, which we find surprising, given how unlikely it is Leicester let him go for free
- Karl Darlow has told his team-mates and other PL players to get a jab, as he tries to save lives as well as save shots
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Does anyone else believe that Klopp and current squad can get numbers 20 and 7 in the bag? I 100% do …
— St John Handclap?? #freethenorth (@StJohnHandclap) September 10, 2021
Tonight’s the return of domestic action. Birmingham vs Derby, anyway. Or Lorient vs Lille? Or just get ready for a busy weekend.