Liverpool had 18 players in training on Monday – five of them goalkeepers and 12 of them youngsters. 14 senior players return on Tuesday for testing.
18-man squad in training on Monday
There were 18 players in training on Monday, day two of pre-season, with five of them goalkeepers!
Putting in the work on day 3 ? pic.twitter.com/YIPsafg1uh
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) July 10, 2023
Youngsters Ben Doak, Bobby Clark, Layton Stewart, Harvey Blair, Dominic Corness, Jarrel Quansah, Melkamu Frauendorf, Lewis Koumas and Layton Stewart joined the senior players of Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, Fabinho, Tyler Morton and Darwin Nunez.
They were watched on by new sporting director Jorg Schmadtke in the wet conditions for the first session in the morning.
Thiago explained, Salah Olympics, and Diaz gets engaged
- Thiago‘s there, but not there – the reason for the Spaniard not being in training has been revealed [Full Story]
- Egypt want Salah for the Olympics next summer – but LFC are likely to block that as they did in 2021 [Full Story]
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Liverpool Women made their 2nd signing of the summer – and she’s a massive Red!
- Levi Colwill has discussed his future amid LFC wanting him…
- A French reporter has claimed talks over Jordan Henderson joining Steven Gerrard’s new club in Saudi Arabia are “very advanced” – which sounds like nonsense to us
Money, money, money
- Kylian Mbappe has called PSG a “divisive club” – please Liverpool don’t ever sign this mercenary.
- Spurs are reportedly going to reject a second bid of £68.5m from Bayern for Harry Kane.
- Wilfried Zaha has allegedly held talks over a proposed £16 million-per-season (after tax!) move to Gerrard’s Saudi side Al Ettifaq. He’s currently out of contract and it’s no wonder a deal is set to collapse.
Video of the day
No football tonight, and still nine days until the Reds’ first pre-season friendly.
Here’s a nice video of new signing Dominik Szoboszlai explaining his goals for his career – comes across really well.
Enjoy your evening, Reds!