Liverpool have reached the final of the European Cup on nine occasions, winning it six times. But can you name every player to start for the Reds in the showcase clash?
Since their first successful involvement in 1977, Liverpool have reached the pinnacle of continental football nine times, with five different captains lifting the trophy.
Along with the setback of 2018, the Reds have suffered two other defeats in the European Cup final—on the tragic night at Heysel in 1985, and the revenge of AC Milan in Athens in 2007.
A total of 59 different players have started for Liverpool in these finals, with only one featuring in five and two featuring in four; a full 30 have only done so once, including some lesser-known figures.
That may make naming every starting XI from the Reds’ nine European Cup finals more difficult than expected, but that is what we’re asking you to do.
So across 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005, 2007, 2018 and 2019, can you complete the set?
You’ve got 8 minutes – can you name the XIs?
Want more quizzes? Try these!
- Do you know the event for these iconic Liverpool images?
- Can you name Liverpool’s top 50 appearance-makers in the Premier League?
- Who tweeted it? – Guess the Liverpool player from their social media posts
- Can you name every player to score for Liverpool in the Champions League?
- From Austria to Wales – Name the 37 countries Liverpool have played in
- How well do you know Liverpool’s best fan songs?
- Can you name these obscure Liverpool academy graduates?
- How well do you know Steven Gerrard and his career?