With the Bundesliga back up and running after coming to a halt due to the pandemic, we’re testing your knowledge of Liverpool’s ties with Germany.
The top two tiers of German football are the first to lift their suspension in Europe and are back underway to complete the final nine to ten games remaining in the 2019/20 fixture list.
Liverpool’s ties to Germany stretch back to 1996 and their current association extends beyond just Jurgen Klopp.
And here, we’re looking to test your memory of players the Reds have acquired directly from German clubs or players who were born in Germany and went on to sign for Liverpool permanently.
The criteria are that the transfer must have been a permanent switch directly to Anfield from a team in either top two divisions of German football, and free transfers are included.
A total of 18 players fit the bill, and you’ll have to dig deep into your memory as one made the switch but never made a competitive appearance for the club.
You have 8 minutes – can you name all 18?
Want more quizzes? Try these!
- Do you know the event for these iconic Liverpool images?
- Can you name Liverpool’s top 50 appearance-makers in the Premier League?
- Who tweeted it? – Guess the Liverpool player from their social media posts
- Can you name every player to score for Liverpool in the Champions League?
- From Austria to Wales – Name the 37 countries Liverpool have played in
- How well do you know Liverpool’s best fan songs?
- Can you name all 9 of Liverpool’s European Cup final XIs?
- How well do you know Steven Gerrard and his career?