Liverpool are back on the pitch on Thursday night, so today it’s all about pre-match press conferences, reaction to the weekend win and our returning internationals.
Diaz had ‘dream’ of joining ‘elite’ team like Reds
Spurs thought they were in for a fantastic winger in January – but Luis Diaz decided Liverpool were the better bet. He was right, obviously, and looks delighted with everything so far.
Now his dad – also called Luis Diaz – has revealed how the late switcheroo went down and why it was only ever a move to Anfield which was going to happen once the call from Klopp came.
“After the first game, he told me that it was a team that works hard, complete, in which he will feel comfortable and will have the chance to play with high-performance players,” Diaz Sr said.
“There were many suitors who wanted Luis’ services, but he had the dream of reaching Liverpool. Because Liverpool are an elite team. Tottenham was one. Roma was also left behind in the process. They hesitated a lot and let themselves be caught by Liverpool. Liverpool were faster than them, they needed him and they took him away.”
Basically, our recruitment team is about as quick as Luis himself.
- Sadio Mane rumours say he’s “open” to a move to LaLiga if Barca or Real come calling. With Ansu Fati and Vini Jr in place as their current and long-term left-sided forwards, we reckon this one’s a ‘safe’ gossip filler which is largely nonsense right now
- Jurgen Klopp has confirmed when Sadio will be back with the Reds – and says it’s not possible for Salah to be more determined than he already was, even after defeat
- The boss has given his usual pre-match presser and we’ve picked out six key things from it – including a rallying cry to fans to make a huge Anfield atmosphere
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Jordan Henderson is suffering from a minor back issue but it’s not expected to keep him out of action for long
- Alisson and Fabinho were back in training after missing the FA Cup win at the weekend – here are five things we spotted at Kirby
- Neco Williams claimed an assist on his home debut on loan for Fulham, while Paul Glatzel found the back of the net
Latest Premier League chat
- Granit Xhaka has Jose Mourinho nudes. That’s all that explains the rumours that Roma will make an unprecedented third bid for a midfielder who has more cards than completed passes
- Arturo Vidal is the perfect man to spearhead a brave new era of progressive young players in a Tottenham team
- Harry Kane hasn’t yet made a decision on his future, but judging by what happened last summer when he ‘decided’ to leave, not really sure anybody cares what you think these days Harry – you’re handcuffed to mediocrity
Tweet of the day and match of the night
This is why we’re going up!
Catch her if you can ??@kiernan_leanne just can't stop scoring for the Reds this season! #FAWC @LiverpoolFCW pic.twitter.com/4Bz5plDZO0
— FA Women's Championship (@FAWomensChamp) February 9, 2022
Tonight’s late games include Spurs vs Saints and Villa vs Leeds! Take your pick.