Liverpool aren’t being linked with buying five new players today! Nope, the other half of the rumour mill has rolled around: Monday has the Reds selling almost that many.
Welsh duo could depart Anfield
Separate rumours, but neat enough that we’ll collate them for you here. Harry Wilson and Neco Williams are enjoying their summers with Wales at Euro 2020 – but neither could form part of the LFC squad next term.
That’s if today’s news is to be believed, with up to six sides keen on signing our Welsh winger Wilson, who was on loan in the Championship last term. Liverpool rejected £12m a year ago and it’s believed they still hold strong with their £15m valuation.
His eventual departure is expected by most, but Neco Williams‘ future seemed to be at Anfield for most – until local reports suggested he has been made available for £10m.
The key here is that Neco himself has suggested he wants regular starting action, which he simply won’t get with Trent ahead of him for Jurgen Klopp.
Reds rumours of the day
- Sepp van den Berg isn’t a rumour, more fact: he has returned to Preston on loan for the whole of 2021/22 season after impressing there last term
- Kostas Tsimikas is another full-back who might be on the way out; the Italian media suggest Klopp hasn’t warmed to him and he’s seen as a low-cost option for Napoli, possibly even a loan this summer
- Dusan Vlahovic is good enough to start for Liverpool, Juventus or Spurs, says the director who signed him at Fiorentina. Is he the one the Reds want this summer in attack?
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Reds fans have made their votes on the futures of five players…and only feel one of them should stay this summer
- Here’s when every Liverpool squad member’s contract is due to expire – with work on this summer to renew several of them
- Barcelona are still saying the ESL is set to go ahead at some point and claim Liverpool were the real ringleaders behind the plans
- And Liverpool fans want Tsimikas and Williams to get more chances next season, rather than be sold to raise funds this summer
Euro 2020 latest
Click the link above for all Euro 2020 news regarding the Reds!
- Neco Williams is delighted to be “not going home just yet” after Wales secured their place in the last 16
- Scotland have been dealt a massive blow with the news that Billy Gilmour has tested positive for Covid and will miss their last group game
- And despite showings of anonymity and ineptitude, Southgate says Kane will start up front for England again when they face Czech Republic
Latest transfer chat elsewhere
- Harry Kane is the subject of a £100m bid from Man City as the summer plans start to crank up
- Jadon Sancho will cost £77m this summer and there will be no lowering of the price, say Dortmund
- Joaquin Correa could move to Arsenal as part of an exchange deal with Lucas Torreira, having previously been linked with the Reds
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Crazy to think it’s been almost a year since I started my first ever Liverpool painting. I genuinely never thought anyone other than my friends would see my work and yet here we are. Met so many amazing people and have had endless support along the way! Thank you ?? pic.twitter.com/eYePtBfc82
— Em (@EmilyMarrocco_) June 21, 2021
Tonight’s late fixtures are at the same time – Russia vs Denmark is the one with most riding on it, assuming Belgium beat Finland.