Klopp will leave Liverpool at the end of the 2023/24 campaign, and will be joined in departing by his two closest assistants.
Lijnders and Krawietz, the latter of whom has worked with Klopp since their time together at Mainz, have agreed to leave Anfield on the season’s conclusion.
Liverpool have explained that Lijnders, who has already taken in a brief spell in charge of NEC Nijmegen in his native Netherlands, will pursue a career as a manager.
Elite development coach Vitor Matos, who has served as a crucial link between the first team and the academy since his arrival in 2019, is also due to move on.
It remains to be seen whether any more of Klopp’s backroom staff, most of which he put together over the last eight-and-a-half years, are due to depart.
But it leaves Liverpool needing to make a host of appointments in crucial roles beyond that of the manager.
“People from my staff need to know early – and especially the club needs to know early and needs to plan,” Klopp told the club’s official website.
“You cannot plan anything and you cannot really start.
“You can do a lot of stuff with knowing it but not making it public, but the decisive things, a lot of things, you cannot do.
“That means the club needs time. Over the years my role was a pretty dominant one. It was not intentional, but it happened.”
Sporting director Jorg Schmadtke will see his short-term role with the club run its course in the summer, meaning owners Fenway Sports Group must establish an entirely new structure on and off the pitch.
The news means Liverpool have a maximum of 30 games remaining with Klopp and Co. in the dugout, inclusive of the upcoming Carabao Cup final.
Klopp to leave Liverpool
- KLOPP ANNOUNCES: He will LEAVE LIVERPOOL at end of the season
- FANS REACT: “Build him a statue!” – LFC fans on ‘heartbreaking’ news
- MORE TO LEAVE: Liverpool reveal key staff members will follow Klopp out
- WATCH: Klopp’s emotional leaving announcement interview IN FULL
- PRESSER: Jurgen Klopp press conference – Why he is leaving Liverpool FC
- MESSAGE TO FANS: “Let’s squeeze everything out of this season!”
- WHEN: Klopp reveals when he decided to leave Liverpool – and when he told the club
- WHAT NEXT? Klopp declares he will NEVER “manage a different club in England”
- PLAYERS: Klopp reveals how Liverpool players reacted to news he will leave
- FSG: Klopp shuts down claims FSG spending caused him to leave Liverpool
- KLOPP’S SUCCESSOR: FSG confirm search underway for next Liverpool manager
- HIS TAKE: Klopp insists Liverpool will appoint “top manager” – but he won’t be involved!
- ODDS: Next Liverpool manager odds as Xabi Alonso favourite
- WHAT XABI SAID: Alonso responds to next Liverpool manager claims
- SCHMADTKE LEAVES: Liverpool confirm exit of sporting director NEXT MONTH
- EXPLAINED: Why Pepijn Lijnders is also leaving Liverpool despite manager links